Project Manager- Network Operations
Location: Markham, Ontario
Status: Full Time, permanent
Compensation: Market and experience based salary plus benefits.
Maplehill Group Recruiters are working with our client on a high priority search for a Project Manager – Network Operations with B to B experience in telecom, CATV, wireless and IP networking.
About Our Client:
Founded 30 years ago, our client provides leading network solutions to Tier I and II wireless, wire-line and CATV operators across Canada. Solutions encompass the full spectrum of OSI layer 1, 2 and 3 wireless and wireline networks. More than just a distributor, our client’s business model is to Supply, Install & Implement:
Our Client has offices, staging and warehouse facilities in Montreal, Markham and Calgary and active projects and customers across Canada, the Yukon and NWT. Their engineers, project managers and logistics professionals are augmented by a partner network of structured cabling & installation crews comprised of over 850 trucks located from coast to coast to coast in Canada.
About the Project Manager role – Network Operations:
We are looking for a Project Manager with hands-on experience working in a telecom/CATV/WISP/wireless broadband network services environment – this is mandatory. The Project Manager is responsible for meeting project milestones for network extensions and infrastructure builds for our Client’s customers, who include the largest and best known telecom service providers in Canada.
Experience is the key to success. A persuasive personality, leadership, and sound technical knowledge are required. This role is focused on meeting deadlines, milestones and metrics – not the meticulous documentation of project creep.
- Four to 10+ years experience managing “Supply, Install and Implement” network builds involving some or all of following technologies is ideal.
- Broadband cellular: Distributed Antenna Systems, RF surveys, IB Wave design, xTTA as well as full turn-key macro-cells.
- CATV: transformation of legacy OSP infrastructure, xPON, RFoG, FTTx, HFC, head-end.
- End to end IP solutions: core/edge switches & routers, xDSL, WiFi, etc.
- PTP and PTMP wireless: cellular back-haul, rapid deploy access, WISP and backbone transport.
- Specialized technologies: video quality probes, test & measure equipment, EAS and logistics and staging solutions.
Job Details and Requirements
- An Engineering/Computer Science undergraduate degree majoring in networking or equivalent experience
- a PMP designation is desirable and hands-on experience is mandatory.
- Mastery of Microsoft Project Management software is preferred.
- Knowledge of digital radio / microwave, IP data communications, broad band cellular or other telecommunications technologies is required.
- Track project deliverables, monitor progress and report progress to senior management. Communicate continually with our Clients and Partners as to status of and potential risks to strategic projects.
- Capture notes and minutes of all meetings and distribute to teams responsible for delivery.
- Ensure all issues are escalated/documented according to existing contracts.
- Provide business client with technology support including but not limited to project prioritization and escalation, change control activities, and production implementation and outage awareness.
- Work closely with Production support and Development team in a matrix organization.
- Ensure adherence to audit recommendations through proactive management.
We urge you to respond with an email outlining your actual relevant qualifications in addition to your resume.
If you or someone you know are interested and qualified, we’d like to hear from you.